[llvm-dev] Docs: Re-organizing the LLVM docs

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Aug 22 13:28:20 PDT 2019

Hey - thanks for looking into/working on this!

I was going to suggest differentiating between user-facing tools and
compiler-developer tools, but that's a bit of a fuzzy line (someone who
cares a lot about their compiled code might end up looking at
optimizations, LLVM IR, etc) - though might still be a useful grouping.

Some stuff in Subsystem documentation, for instance, overlaps with some of
the "command guide" - like bugpoint. I think command guide would be
top-level "here's all the command utilities" maybe broken down/separated by
user-facing V not (or "shades of user facing").

(I guess that's the trick with this being LLVM documentation, rather than
Clang documentation - anyone who's actually thinking about "LLVM" is
already, maybe(?) a compiler person - not just a user of clang, etc)

Sorry, this has ended up more rambly and less useful than I hoped - perhaps
it gives some ideas/things to talk about?