[llvm-dev] llvm-canon

Paszkowski, Michal via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Aug 18 13:08:08 PDT 2019

We needed a tool which will help us spot any differences which have impact on a particular side-effecting instruction. This is why we were looking for some way to reorder and name instructions canonically. I find it especially useful that minor changes somewhere at the beginning of the def-use tree impact canonical names of output instructions (using this changed instruction) while this does not 'pollute' the rest of the diff.

Thank you,
Michal Paszkowski