[llvm-dev] CMake Loop while building LLVM release build.

Neil Nelson via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Aug 6 09:28:43 PDT 2019

Vivek,

I use the following on Xubuntu 19.04 without problems, noting there are
a number of packages that are useful to install.

cmake -G Ninja -DLLVM_ENABLE_PROJECTS="clang" -DLLVM_USE_LINKER=lld
-DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE="Release" -DLLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=On ../llvm

Be sure to delete (rm -rf) your build directory and start new when you
have to rerun cmake.

I also install clang and lld from the distribution and use it for
compiling and linking.

Regards, Neil Nelson