[llvm-dev] sanitizers' realpath definition conflict with fortified stdlib

Zakharin, Vyacheslav P via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Aug 5 16:30:05 PDT 2019

Hello,

I do not know if there is a mail list for compiler-rt and sanitizers in particular, so I'd start here.

tsan/dd/dd_interceptors.cc defines 'realpath', which conflict with definition of 'realpath' from fortified version of stdlib.h (bits/stdlib.h), so the compiler-rt does not build with -D_FORTIFY_SOURCE=2.  If I were to fix it, what would be the suggested approach?  Can I just rename it to 'realpath_san' or something alike?

Thanks,
Slava