[llvm-dev] Question: How to access c++ vtable pointer to use as Value* in LLVM pass

K Jelesnianski via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 18 22:33:39 PDT 2019

Thanks for the information,

I already knew theory side of ""where"" a vtable is located in a C++
object, I need more information on how to access/manipulate it using
the LLVM API. Can you confirm then that the LLVM API treats the object
struct ptr also as the vtable ptr: so if I were to put it into a
function call argument, the function would then be able to manipulate
that vtable ptr specifically.

Sincerely,

Chris