[llvm-dev] [CommandLine] Unable to implement a custom parser -- all marked final

David Blaikie via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 18 13:56:27 PDT 2019

Yeah, I think I did this a while back (& you're possibly not the only
one who's hit this - might be worth a search on llvm-dev for previous
threads).

If you check the commit history, I think my original motivation was
cleaning up the virtual dtor that wasn't used in LLVM by making the
base class's dtor protected, and the derived classes final.

It could be made virtual instead of protected/final - but without any
use in LLVM, I'm not sure it's worth exposing this extension point &
perhaps just updating the documentation is the best thing?