[llvm-dev] LLVM Weekly - #276, April 15th 2019
Alex Bradbury via llvm-dev
llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 15 11:41:04 PDT 2019
LLVM Weekly - #276, April 15th 2019
If you prefer, you can read a HTML version of this email at
Welcome to the two hundred and seventy-sixth issue of LLVM Weekly, a weekly
newsletter (published every Monday) covering developments in LLVM, Clang, and
related projects. LLVM Weekly is brought to you by [Alex
Bradbury](https://www.linkedin.com/in/alex-bradbury/). Subscribe to future
issues at <http://llvmweekly.org> and pass it on to anyone else you think may
be interested. Please send any tips or feedback to <asb at asbradbury.org>, or
@llvmweekly or @asbradbury on Twitter.
## News and articles from around the web
f18, the Fortran compiler and runtime project [has been accepted as part of
The MLIR (Multi-Level Intermediate Representation) project has been
[open-sourced](https://github.com/tensorflow/mlir), and will be proposed as an
LLVM 7.1.0-final [has been
## On the mailing lists
* Peter Collingbourne
his work to move automatic variable initialisation to constructors.
* Dmitri Gribenko
an off-list discussion about adding lifetime analysis to Clang.
* Tom Stellard has posted the [proposed 8.0.1 release
## LLVM commits
* DbgEntityHistoryCalculate can now track multiple registers, increasing the
accuracy of debug info. [r358073](https://reviews.llvm.org/rL358073).
* New documentation was added on adding a constrained floating-point intrinsic.
* The `LLVM_ENABLE_CXX1Y/Z` CMake flags were replaced with `LLVM_CXX_STD`.
* A CRC32 implementation was added to the Support library.
* AsmPrinter was refactored to remove AsmVariant, as it was only used for X86
and can be queried from a MachineInstr for that target
* The RISC-V backend can now place data smaller than eight bytes into the small
data section, providing more opportunities for linker relaxation to optimise
## Clang commits
* Clang gained parsing support for C++20 module declarations, import
declarations and the global and private module fragment.
* Incorrect use of lookahead was removed from the `_Pragma` handling in the
## Other project commits
* Comment lines of the form `//------` were removed en masse from the LLDB
* LLVM's OpenMP implementation gained support for OpenMP 5.0 memory management.
More information about the llvm-dev