[llvm-dev] Question about MachineLocation

Mahesha S via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Apr 12 07:32:53 PDT 2019

Hello,

My current understanding of the implementation of class MachineLocation is
that it describes how an argument being passed to a function is represented
-  it is available either in a register or in a stack frame (computed using
SP and offset), and depending upon it IsRegister is either set to true or
false. However, I doubt my understanding here. Can someone please clarify
what exactly the MachineLocation represents?

Thanks,
Mahesha