[llvm-dev] [GSoC] Supporting Efficiently the Shift-vector Instructions of the Connex Vector Processor

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Apr 9 03:38:35 PDT 2019

Hello Andrei,

You proposal seems to be centered on improvements of out-of-tree
backend entirely and therefore is not entirely clear what are the
benefits of this project to the LLVM project making the project
slightly outside the scope of LLVM GSoC.

Probably it would make sense to restructure the proposal in such way
that it would be clear how the work that is supposed to be done over
the summer will benefit e.g. other backends that we already having in
the repository. After all, the vector instructions do exist in many
architectures.

On Mon, Apr 8, 2019 at 7:53 PM Andrei Popa via llvm-dev
<llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am applying for Google Summer of Code with a project related to LLVM and Connex SIMD processor and I would appreciate some feedback on the proposal.
> The proposal can be found here:
> https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pBRbW8pU9GV8zWCJQrILhynNEBpGXJKtev1j7ekXfqs/edit?usp=sharing
>
> Thank you,
> Andrei Popa

With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University