[llvm-dev] LLVM back end for the research Connex SIMD processor and GSoC19

Anton Korobeynikov via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Apr 8 01:05:30 PDT 2019

Dear prospective GSoC students, dear LLVMers,

On behalf of the LLVM Foundation I have to provide some clarifications
here to make the situation clear.

>      I would like to come back again to advertise the back end for the Connex SIMD processor.
>      We were kindly accepted by the LLVM foundation as a GSoC 2019 project:
> http://llvm.org/OpenProjects.html#connex_back_end - please let us know if you want to
> contribute to this work, especially as part of the Google Summer of Code 2019.
This is not quite true. The LLVM Foundation never accepted this
project. The reason is simple – there is no acceptance procedure and
therefore the above statement is misleading.

I need to remind that the participation in the Google Summer of Code
is twofold: bringing students to LLVM via well-defined summer projects
and doing something useful for the project itself, therefore the
project should be connected to LLVM Compiler Infrastructure
components.

Hope this makes everything clear.
--
With best regards, Anton Korobeynikov
Department of Statistical Modelling, Saint Petersburg State University