[llvm-dev] [RFC] Should we add isa_or_null<>?

Don Hinton via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Apr 4 16:37:46 PDT 2019

On Thu, Apr 4, 2019 at 6:29 PM Craig Topper <craig.topper at gmail.com> wrote:

> There are a handful of places in LLVM that dosomething like  if
> (dyn_cast_or_null<UndefValue>(P->hasConstantValue()))

Yes, I've seen those, but while working on a new checker, I was advised
that replacing `X && isa<Y>(X)` with `dyn_cast_or_null<Y>(X)` was
suboptimal, and it was suggested something like a `isa_or_null` style
operator would better express what was actually going on, i.e., we are
expecting a bool, not a pointer.