[llvm-dev] EuroLLVM Numerics issues

Michael Berg via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 3 23:06:59 PDT 2019

Folding  a couple of topics back into this thread:

<email from cameron.mcinally at nyu.edu <mailto:cameron.mcinally at nyu.edu>>

I'd like to touch on a topic mentioned in the blog post. The constrained intrinsics work is at a road block on how to proceed with the constrained  implementation in the backends, i.e. D55506. Reviews/ideas in this area would be greatly appreciated (attn: target code owners).

Thanks,
Cameron

<email from venkataramanan.kumar.llvm at gmail.com <mailto:venkataramanan.kumar.llvm at gmail.com>>

Just like to point out few things that I thought is related to FP Numerics.
LLVM could do some additional transformation with "sqrt" and "division" under fast math on X86 like 1/sqrt(x)* 1/sqrt(x) to 1/x.   These are long latency instructions and could get benefit if enabled under unsafe math.

 Also are we considering doing such FP transforms on vector floating point types?

regards,
Venkat.