[llvm-dev] Policy for updating tests in test-suite

Kristof Beyls via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Apr 3 01:48:49 PDT 2019

Hi Yuanke,

I'm not sure if any policy about this is written up anywhere, but in the
past we have fixed other correctness bugs in the test-suite.
Even more, we have also made changes that weren't fixing correctness
issues, resulting in different benchmark numbers being produced.
Because of this, different revisions of the test-suite already can result
in different correctness or benchmark results.
So, I don't see good reasons not to fix a correctness bug.

Thanks,

Kristof