[llvm-dev] How to cross-compile for ARC in clang?

Tim Northover via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 27 05:31:55 PDT 2018

On Thu, 27 Sep 2018 at 12:56, Павел Безбородов <dfa.sro591 at gmail.com> wrote:
> Oh, that's what I was afraid of.
> So there is definetly no way to compile for ARC?
> If so, should I write ARC.h(.cpp) in lib/Basic/Targets in order to make it work?

Yes, lib/Basic/Targets looks like the basic entry point. If you don't
care what ABI or CPU you get that might be enough. Otherwise you'll
want to investigate lib/CodeGen/TargetInfo.cpp and
lib/Driver/ToolChains/Arch/ARC.cpp too. There are other
target-specific details scattered around the source, but those are the
main ones to get started.

Cheers.

Tim.