[llvm-dev] Porting Pass to New PassManager

Leonard Chan via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 24 16:54:51 PDT 2018

Hi all,

I'm attempting to move the AddressSanitizer pass from the legacy
PassManager to the new one because the new one has various benefits
over legacy and wanted to clarify on something. Does creating the
static RegisterPass struct register the pass with the new PassManager?

It seems that RegisterPass does the same things that the
INITIALIZE_PASS_* macros do but it registers the pass with
PassRegistry::getPassRegistry(). What I'm not sure of is if this uses
the new PassManager infrastructure. Exploring the code doesn't seem to
show that this PassRegistry touches anything in the legacy namespace,
but I wanted double confirmation on this.

Thanks,
Leonard