[llvm-dev] Liveness Analysis

Matthias Braun via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 20 13:23:29 PDT 2018

Assuming you talk about the machine representation:
- The register allocators use the LiveIntervals analysis (there is also LiveVariables but that is deprecated, please don't use it).
- When register allocation is done we keep the block live-in lists around and you can use LivePhysReg or LiveRegUnits to recompute the liveness information in the middle of a basic block when necessary.
- The RDF framework in lib/Target/Hexagon performs a dataflow analysis post-regalloc to determine values in physical registers.

- Matthias