[llvm-dev] CMake build of LLVM/clang with -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release does not create release versions?

Dennis Luehring via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Sep 19 02:03:59 PDT 2018

 >because with that generator the CMAKE_BUILD_TYPE variable is ignored
 >because it is a "multi-configuration target".

thanks for the link, is that a bug in the CMake configuration (or better
not getting any warning) or is there just documentation missing?

so i can use --config Debug or --config Release and get the correct
results - i hope that works the build takes hours

strange is that -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Debug results in a different
build-directory size compared to -DCMAKE_BUILD_TYPE=Release - so its not
fully ignored?