[llvm-dev] CallSiteBase::getCalledFunction and non-trivial calls

Sameer Sahasrabuddhe via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Sep 17 19:56:48 PDT 2018

It would be nice to have the new function that Scott suggests ... this
little detail has bitten us before, too. The current getCalledFunction()
creates an impression that we will always see the callee for a direct call,
but in reality it doesn't actually look through constant expressions. A new
function will make this more obvious to someone expecting to always find a
direct callee. Any use of this function will also make it apparent that the
analysis or pass is prepared to handle the arguments.

Sameer.