[llvm-dev] Loop Distribution pass

Saito, Hideki via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 13 11:46:00 PDT 2018

>I'm just curious as tho which concrete passes would benefit sooner.

This all depends on those who are working on other loop xforms, since we currently don't have bandwidth to drive that kind of changes into other loop xforms. That's why when this line of questions pops up, I offer to work together. Short of that, the best we can proactively do is to make vectorizer analyses available outside of vectorizer (and easy to find). In some sense, this is a chicken-egg problem. Once VPlan-based LV becomes good enough shape and if this problem still remains, we could expand into working on vectorization enabling transformations, but I really hope there are others who can work in that area before us.

Hideki