[llvm-dev] preserve_allcc support

Joseph Tremoulet via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 13 10:29:09 PDT 2018

Hi,

The LangRef describes preserve_mostcc and preserve_allcc as experimental, to be used by a future version of the ObjectiveC runtime, possibly useful for other runtimes, and supported only on X86-64 but with the intention to support more architectures.  AArch64 already has an implementation of preserve_mostcc.

I'd be interested in using preserve_allcc on AArch64.  I'm writing to ask:
- Is anybody already working on that?
- If not, and I implement it, should I expect that upstreaming it would meet with approval?  (wanted to check that e.g. it's not slated for deprecation)
- Any gotchas I should be aware of?

Thanks,
-Joseph