[llvm-dev] Clang for the PlayStation 2

Dan Ravensloft via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Sep 6 08:00:39 PDT 2018

On Mon, 3 Sep 2018 at 13:31, Tim Northover <t.p.northover at gmail.com> wrote:

> So the next step is to debug where Mips is producing those TruncIntFP
> nodes. There'll be some constraint it's not checking or an unexpected
> node type, probably related to -msingle-float. I'm afraid I'm not sure
> what yet.

I'm reasonably sure the function producing that node
is lowerFP_TO_SINT_STORE in lib/Target/Mips/MipsISelLowering.cpp.

The node before that function executes has an fp_to_sint node which seems
to want to convert an i64 to an f32 which seems...rather odd to me,
honestly. The PS2, for what it's worth, only has an i32 -> f32 instruction,
so I think there's an impedance mismatch somewhere.