[llvm-dev] Function name

Muhui Jiang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 25 13:15:55 PDT 2018

Hi

I refer to the binary generated by C++ code.

I am curious about the name inside the callgraph, which is generated by the
tool

opt -dot-callgraph target.bc

I found the names inside the callgraph follow the C++ function name rule.
Then I would like to check the name inside the debugging information, which
is generated by the command

llvm-dwarfdump -debug-info target.o

I manually checked it, I found sometimes the name(label in the callgraph)
is the attribute of `DW_AT_specification`, sometimes is
`DW_AT_MIPS_linkage_name`. Can anyone explain these? What should be the
right function name inside the dwarf debugging information?

Another question is about the PLT segment. I found that the callgraph will
contain the functions inside the ELF PLT segment while the dwarf debugging
information does not contain them. Could anyone explain these? Many Thanks

Regards
Muhui