[llvm-dev] New LLVM git repository conversion prototype

Jonas Hahnfeld via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Oct 18 07:26:43 PDT 2018

+1 to David's motivation and this has been brought up quite some times
in the past.
As another data point the OpenMP runtimes can be used with both GCC and
Intel Compiler. With the current git mirror
(https://github.com/llvm-mirror/openmp), a full clone is as small as
~20MB. However, I didn't have time to experiment with sparse checkouts
or other techniques with this prototype so I can't say how much you
really get in case you only want openmp...

Jonas