[llvm-dev] Pass a class as a parameter of a multidef

Roger Ferrer Ibáñez via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 15 08:20:41 PDT 2018

Hi Nicolai,

It'd certainly be a non-trivial change that doesn't mesh particularly
> well with the existing feature set.

Understood. No problems with that.

> I'd ask you to first take a step back: if the ISA is as regular as you
> say it is, why do you have separate base classes in the first place?

Yep, that was the question I should have made myself first. After thinking
a bit, I was able to simplify some of the stuff by removing the separate
base classes and resorting to using "let".

I still have a few multiclasses left but I think I do need them: now I
believe that my initial claim of "very regular ISA" was a bit of an
overstatement :)

Thanks a lot!

--
Roger Ferrer Ibáñez