[llvm-dev] New LLVM git repository conversion prototype

Andrew Kelley via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Oct 12 09:47:46 PDT 2018

If we're reasonably confident that we would like to be using GitHub Issues
in the future, I think it would not be so bad to continue using Bugzilla
for the old reports, but have new bug reports disabled, with the
understanding that it is deprecated. It's messy, sure, but at the end of
the day, you're either getting an email from Bugzilla or from GitHub and
it's not all that important. In practice, after about one release cycle,
most of the activity would take place in the new system.

I take this approach in my code - refactoring and new/better patterns don't
have to be introduced all at once; there can be a gradual transition.