[llvm-dev] Spectre v1 mitigation flags

Andres Sanchez via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 2 01:49:07 PDT 2018

Hi,

I've seen that in the new llvm version (7.0) there are some mitigations
for Spectre v1, so the clang compiler might have them implemented, but,
by the way, any of the command line flag works. I've downloaded the llvm
source code and have seen that there are 3 dependencies broken on
lib/Target/X86/X86SpeculativeLoadHardening.cpp ->
lib/Target/X86/MCTargetDesc/ should have X86GenRegisterInfo.inc,
X86GenInstrInfo.inc and X86GenSubtargetInfo.inc files, but it doesn't.
It's this causing the problem?

There's some way to apply the mitigation or it haven't been done yet?

Cheers,

Andrés