[llvm-dev] Reordering of load/stores using MemorySSA

Juneyoung Lee via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Oct 2 04:44:07 PDT 2018

Hello Daniel,

Thank you for the reply.
My impression was that embedding such information into MemorySSA
would be helpful for shorter compilation time
as well as people who needs this kind of information for writing
optimizations,
but building time of MemorySSA also should have been considered.

> I suspect you will find the cost is not worth it without a meaningful
> motivating optimization (like store PRE or something)

I think implementing store PRE for very simple cases seems interesting
(not only for MemorySSA, but the optimization itself as well).
I can give it a try to implement it if it is straightforward.
>From which file should I start?

By the way, while looking through memory related optimizations, I found
this patch -
https://reviews.llvm.org/D5422 .
Would it make sense if store PRE deals with atomic operations
as well? I wonder whether people are very interested in
optimizing atomic operations / there are more patches like this.

Thank you,
Juneyoung Lee

--

Juneyoung Lee
Software Foundation Lab, Seoul National University