[llvm-dev] OptBisect implementation for new pass manager

David Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 1 11:42:58 PDT 2018

Fedor Sergeev <fedor.sergeev at azul.com> writes:

> Are there any other known passes that present the same level of
> complexity wrt OptBisect interaction?

Andy already mentioned SelectionDAGISel.  I'll bet there are some
target-specific passes that have similar needs, though I can't think of
any offhand.

Depending on how the OpenMP architecture discussions go, there could
certainly be OMP lowering passes that must be run and may or may not do
optimization, where "run at OptLevel::None" support would be useful.  So
that's some number of IR-level (non-codegen) passes that have more
complexity than the typical IR-level pass.

                           -David