[llvm-dev] Ubuntu LLVM packages incompatible with clang built projects?

Alastair Murray via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Oct 1 08:48:10 PDT 2018

Hi Hans,

No we didn't surface this beyond submitting the patch.  As Reid pointed
out these same ifdefs have already been removed/re-added a few times in
2018, so while the patch works for us it isn't suitable for back-porting
until it has been merged to trunk and the build-bots have given it a try.

It did not occur to me that it would not be possible to apply the change
to 7.0.1, but your point make sense.

We didn't notice this during release-testing in the sense of building an
LLVM package, but rather when linking some configurations of our own
code against an LLVM built from the release branch.

Regards,
Alastair Murray.

>>> Kern

--
Alastair Murray
Principal Software Engineer, Compilers

This email and any attachments may contain confidential and /or privileged information and
is for use by the addressee only. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify
Codeplay Software Ltd immediately and delete the message from your computer. You may not
copy or forward it, or use or disclose its contents to any other person. Any views or other
information in this message which do not relate to our business are not authorized by
Codeplay software Ltd, nor does this message form part of any contract unless so stated.
As internet communications are capable of data corruption Codeplay Software Ltd does not
accept any responsibility for any changes made to this message after it was sent. Please
note that Codeplay Software Ltd does not accept any liability or responsibility for viruses
and it is your responsibility to scan any attachments.
Company registered in England and Wales, number: 04567874
Registered office: Regent House, 316 Beulah Hill, London, United Kingdom, SE19 3HF