[llvm-dev] Generating exported wasm functions

Jonathan Goodwin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed Nov 28 13:18:52 PST 2018

Derek:

Thank you for your detailed and helpful response. Since writing that
e-mail, I have done more research about the work being done. I am very
pleased by the excellent progress on the linker, the new wasm file
conventions, and the emergent work on dynamic linking. I think these are
all very positive developments.

A couple of days ago, I did open an issue on the
https://github.com/WebAssembly/tool-conventions/ repository to explore
these issues in more depth:
https://github.com/WebAssembly/tool-conventions/issues/81. Sam responded
and I have responded back to him. Although I am pleased with what's been
accomplished, there are a few areas where I hope we can do better, both in
terms of the architecture's features and the way we communicate them.

These are important issues, and I am willing to take the time to exchange
perspectives and feedback in detail. I am also willing to write helpful
documentation and/or contribute to LLVM code changes if that too would be
helpful.

Cheers,
Jonathan