[llvm-dev] Job openings for LLVM and Clang developers at Cray

David Greene via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon Nov 26 11:30:43 PST 2018

Cray's compiler team in the Minneapolis, MN area is hiring developers to
work on LLVM and Clang!  We are located in Bloomington, MN, just south
of Minneapolis.

I have worked at Cray for over 15 years now and it's been a great
experience.  The culture is collegial and the work is very interesting.
We regularly "go the extra mile" to squeeze out the last few % of speed
improvement, because when your customers are running on millions of
cores, every last % translates into significant time savings.

Tooling is also a key part of Cray's product line.  We are always
looking for new ways to help our customers understand their codes.

The job posting is here:

https://www.cray.com/company/careers/job-details?Req_Code=18-0242

Cray is seeking a Clang/LLVM Compiler Engineer to join the Cray compiler
team.  This position includes both significant research and product
development activities, as Cray continues to advance the state of the
art of its compiler capabilities across a variety of HPC architectures.
In this position you will work on designing, implementing, testing,
debugging, tuning, and maintaining optimization and parallelization
phases of the Cray compiler.

Key Qualifications Include:

* BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field.
  Advanced degrees are welcome but not required.

* Proficiency writing in C/C++ is required.

* Experience working within the Clang/LLVM code base is strongly
  preferred, but experience working within a different compiler
  infrastructure will be considered.

* Commitment to sound software engineering principles, outstanding
  problem solving skills, and the ability to work well in a cooperative
  development environment, both within and across teams, using effective
  verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills.

We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer including protected
veterans and individuals with disabilities. CRAY Inc. is an Affirmative
Action, Equal Opportunity Employer. As part of our standard hiring
process for new employees, employment with CRAY will be contingent upon
successful completion of a comprehensive background check.

                             -David