[llvm-dev] Couldn't successfully generate project files for LLVM (checked out from trunk)

Osman Zakir via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 23 10:47:28 PST 2018

I'm using CMake version 3.12.3 on Windows 10 Home.  I checked out LLVM, Clang, Clang extra tools, Compiler-RT, LLD, LibOMP, LIBCXX, and LIBCXXABI with SVN and am now trying to generate project files.  But LLD, among some other things, wasn't found (even though put all of those in the documented directories inside the LLVM source tree).  And a lot of the tests failed.  I'm attaching the CMake error and output logs to this message.  Please help me out.

I'm trying to build it from source and added the "-DLLVM_EXPERIMENTAL_TARGETS_TO_BUILD=WebAssembly".  I'm not trying to ask for help on targeting WebAssembly, though, but only on building LLVM from source.  For now it's specifically generating Visual Studio 2017 project files.

I added the -Thost=x64 flag to CMake as well, but it still seemed to target x86.  Why?

Anyway, please help.