[llvm-dev] Phabricator default view

Sam McCall via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri Nov 23 05:59:00 PST 2018

Hi weary warriors of code reviewing,

The default homepage in phabricator leaves some things to be desired IMO:
 - having changes sorted by *creation time* rather than *update time* is a
fun way to lose track of things
 - the LLVM-wide activity feed seems not that useful (though fun)
 - as soon as a change lands, it becomes fairly hard to find

Fortunately phabricator is pretty customizable. I've added a couple of
views to the main menu:
  - My activity: https://reviews.llvm.org/home/menu/view/133/ is (active
reviews, recent commits) x (i'm reviewer, i'm author). Only visible when
logged in.
 - All commits: https://reviews.llvm.org/home/menu/view/135/ is the firehose

I'd like to make "my activity" the default view for logged-in users, and
"all commits" the default when logged out. (This is done by removing "home"
from the menu).

These aren't optimal for any particular person (e.g. I'd like to see all
clangd changes), and people should consider creating a custom dashboard if
you use phabricator heavily. But I think they're reasonable defaults and a
step up from what we have now.

Let me know what you think, especially if you prefer the status quo for
some specific reason.
If people are generally positive, I'll change this next week. We can easily
roll back.

Cheers, Sam