[llvm-dev] How to create a tracer?

Alberto Barbaro via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 20 05:52:53 PST 2018

Hi all,
I'd like to create a tracer that would help me to store the instructions
executed. I've seen similar project online but I'd like to understand how
to do one on my own.

At the moment my idea is to create a class that would extended the
Interpreter the by design extends InstVisitor. At this point I could
override the visit Instruction method and execute the main function. Now,
for every instruction is executed I should be able to trace it.

Is it the right approach? How would you do it instead?

Thanks