[llvm-dev] What is the process used for testing a build during Official Testing?

Dimitry Andric via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun Nov 18 04:11:56 PST 2018

On 18 Nov 2018, at 01:34, Jeffrey Walton via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> I'm having trouble developing a procedure to build LLVM from the
> release tarballs. The page
> https://llvm.org/docs/HowToReleaseLLVM.html#official-testing discusses
> the release process but does not provided detailed steps to test the
> release candidate tarballs.
>
> Where can I find the procedure used to build the release tarballs?

See https://llvm.org/docs/ReleaseProcess.html

Basically, run:

  $LLVM_DIR/utils/release/test-release.sh -release x.y.z

Note that this does not directly test tarballs, but checks out the
selected tags from Subversion.

However, there is a -no-checkout option to skip the checkouts, so
presumably you can substitute your own extracted directory.  I have
never done that, so it may or may not work. :)

-Dimitry