[llvm-dev] [MergeFuncs] Help request for broken test

Cameron McInally via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 8 14:17:31 PST 2018

On Thu, Nov 8, 2018 at 2:53 PM Cameron McInally <cameron.mcinally at nyu.edu>
wrote:

> Hey list,
>
> I've made a small change to some enum values
> in include/llvm/IR/Instruction.def and it seems to be breaking a fragile
> test of the MergeFunctions pass. This seemingly small change is exaggerated
> by the hashing function used by MergeFunctions. Since the hashes are used
> to sort internal MergeFunctions data structures, the output of this pass is
> different enough to break the test.

A little digging found that the test in question, namely
test/Transforms/MergeFunc/call-and-invoke-with-ranges.ll, was modified the
last time the enum values in include/llvm/IR/Instruction.def were changed.
This was revision r255522.

It seems that it would be safe to make a similar change for my work on D53877.
Are there any objections to this?