[llvm-dev] Compile with both arm and thumb mode

Muhui Jiang via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu Nov 8 07:25:43 PST 2018

Hi

I would like to use clang to cross compile the ARM binary. I hope the
target binary contains both arm and thumb instruction sets.

I use the flag -mhwdiv=arm,thumb. I compiled several binaries. However, I
found that the thumb mode instructions are few. Even for very big program
like gcc. The number of thumb mode instruction is less than 100. I get the
ground truth from the mapping table.

Maybe the flag I use is not right? I think there should be many thumb mode
instructions. How do clang select thumb or arm mode when compiling? Many
Thanks

Regards
Muhui