[llvm-dev] New LLVM git repository conversion prototype

James Y Knight via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue Nov 6 06:59:30 PST 2018

I've regenerated the repository set at
https://github.com/jyknight/llvm-git-migration again, with these fixes.

James, could you prune r70891? It cuts the history.

Done.

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 2:44 PM James Y Knight <jyknight at google.com> wrote:

> My preference is "all or nothing" :)
>>

> Yes, I think it's probably best to preserve the empty directory add+modify
> commits. I'll fix this...

Done.

2) Glitches of authors who have changed their name

>> I found too many commits that have incompatible author filed.
>> I heard from you, you have sought through commits, mailing lists.
>> But I don't think all of glitches would be intentional.
>>

> Indeed -- oops! I managed to insert an off-by-one error into the author
> mapping function, so there's a mismatch at every revision where the mapping
> changes. Fixing that...

Done, and double-checked again against the old git conversion.

I also took the opportunity to add some more fixups for CVS issues back to
the 1.0 release. I've now also now verified that the file moving done by
these CVS fixes didn't end up accidentally losing changes, by iterating
over all the commits and ensuring that file hashes in a recursive ls-tree
have not disappeared from the commit (just changed their path).