[llvm-dev] DSE: Remove useless stores between malloc & memset

Dávid Bolvanský via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Tue May 22 14:06:33 PDT 2018

Can you help a bit?

I try to work with DSE but I got the following assert:
opt: /home/xbolva00/LLVM/llvm/include/llvm/ADT/Optional.h:176: T*
llvm::Optional<T>::getPointer() [with T = llvm::MemoryLocation]: Assertion
`Storage.hasVal' failed.

static bool eliminateStrlen(CallInst *CI, BasicBlock::iterator &BBI,
                            AliasAnalysis *AA, MemoryDependenceResults *MD,
                            const DataLayout &DL, const TargetLibraryInfo *TLI,
                            InstOverlapIntervalsTy &IOL,
                            DenseMap<Instruction *, size_t> *InstrOrdering) {

  // Must be a strlen.
  LibFunc Func;
  Function *Callee = CI->getCalledFunction();
  if (!TLI->getLibFunc(*Callee, Func) || !TLI->has(Func) ||
      Func != LibFunc_strlen)
    return false;

  Value *Dst = CI->getOperand(0);
  Instruction *UnderlyingPointer =
dyn_cast<Instruction>(GetUnderlyingObject(Dst, DL));
  if (!UnderlyingPointer)
    return false;
  if (isStringFromCalloc(Dst, TLI))
    return false;
  errs() << "before\n";
  if (memoryIsNotModifiedBetween(UnderlyingPointer, CI, AA)) { <--- CRASH
    errs() << "after\n";
  }
  return false;
}

Do you know what is wrong here? I followed the "example" (in
eliminateNoopStore) how to use "memoryIsNotModifiedBetween".

Thank you for advice