[llvm-dev] ARM64, dropping ADRP instructions, and ld.lld

Eric Gorr via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 21 06:23:32 PDT 2018

Thank you for providing the explanation for how ADRP works...something I
should have done myself.

With this explanation in hand, one other alternative I was looking at was
using a linkerscript to essentially rebase the code and have ADRP
instructions that would address the correct location as a result. However,
I am not a linkerscript expert, so I am not sure if such a thing is even
possible or would make much sense. However, it may provide a legitimate
shortcut to a solution which doesn't involve adding a feature to the
toolchain.