[llvm-dev] Showcase of the Windows/ARM64/MinGW target

Martin Storsjö via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 21 03:38:03 PDT 2018

On Mon, 21 May 2018, Hayden Livingston wrote:

> So are you saying that LLVM can be built as ARM64 on Windows now?
> CMake doesn't show me an option for ARM64 when using MSVC on Windows.
> I have the latest CMake.

I'm saying that LLVM can produce code for the Windows/ARM64 target.

As for compiling LLVM itself to run on ARM64 on Windows, I don't know how
to configure MSVC to do that; MSVC doesn't install the ARM64 compiler by
default but you manually need to check a box in the installer (available
since 15.4, and more intended for actual public use since the 15.8
preview). No idea how you configure that in CMake.

You can build LLVM+Clang for ARM64 with Clang/mingw-w64/libcxx though,
with the same toolchain used to build VLC in that demo.

// Martin