[llvm-dev] Best Practices for Cloning A Module

Aaron via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Thu May 17 11:24:33 PDT 2018

Hello,

I wrote a compiler and would like to compile a program and clone a module
to run programs in parallel from different threads.

I'm able to clone a module easily to achieve this, but I would like to know
if there is an efficient way to do it since each thread needs just a
separate program data, but can share the same code. Shared code can save a
lot of runtime memory.

Could you please share your experience of best practices as a solution for
this use case?

Thanks for helping!

Best,
Aaron