[llvm-dev] LLVM SCEV isAddRecNeverPoison and strength reduction

Gal Zohar via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 13 11:44:35 PDT 2018

Hi,

After some more investigation, it seems like this code:
          // We can add Flags to the post-inc expression only if we
          // know that it us *undefined behavior* for BEValueV to
          // overflow.
         if (auto *BEInst = dyn_cast<Instruction>(BEValueV))
            if (isLoopInvariant(Accum, L) && isAddRecNeverPoison(BEInst, L))
            {
              (void)getAddRecExpr(getAddExpr(StartVal, Accum), Accum, L, Flags);
            }

          return PHISCEV;

Always gets 0 as the Flags (at least in my example of loop with short iterator). I don't really understand what this condition is supposed to handle and how to adjust it to set the appropriate flags.