[llvm-dev] A Fresh Start with LLVM

Bruce Hoult via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 13 06:33:06 PDT 2018

Yes, it's not bad. You can actually reduce the size of the .git directory
to 597 MB by running "git repack -a -d -f --depth=250 --window=250". This
takes less than 5 minutes on a 16 core Xeon. Unfortunately I've never found
a way to get such a nicely packed repo into github such that it checks out
for others as nicely as it was when I uploaded it :-(