[llvm-dev] [RFC] MC support for variant scheduling classes.

Andrew Trick via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Fri May 11 10:00:32 PDT 2018

> On May 11, 2018, at 4:26 AM, Andrea Di Biagio <andrea.dibiagio at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> The goal is to help users defining a predicate the check logic. If we use a TIIPredicate, we specify the logic only once, in a declarative way, and then we let tablegen generate code for us.
>
> If for some reason, a user doesn't want to use this approach, then they can still provide their own implementation for variant 2. (i.e. the version of `isGPRZero` that takes a MCInst as input).

The important thing is that users can call into target-specific TII entry points (i.e. not declared in TargetInstrInfo as a virtual method). The reason I provided a C++ hook is so that users could do this without learning the tablegen backend. Although if it’s easy to define a new target specific TIIPredicate, that’s fine too.

-Andy