[llvm-dev] I am leaving llvm

Renato Golin via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 7 10:45:50 PDT 2018

On 7 May 2018 at 18:31,  <paul.robinson at sony.com> wrote:
> I agree 100% that the Foundation is full of people with good intentions.
> I have been on a board like that, and it is extremely seductive; the
> downside is, having such good intentions you see no value in establishing
> good practices and processes.  There is a proverbial road paved with all
> good intentions.

Hear, hear. I think the need for such discussion more openly is rising.

I'd be happy with a feedback driven input into the foundation (on
cases like Outreachy), but that process needs to be defined and it
needs to be open.

> [This is where Chris will step in and say this isn't the right forum
> for discussing how the Foundation is set up or behaves, and he is right.
> So I will stop here.]

We should't dwell on Rafael's matter any more, that is getting too personal IMO.

But we should discuss how we can influence the foundation on cases
where they miss the mark and how we can guarantee that they end up
representing our community for what it is (including people like
Rafael).

In the past, people have strongly suggested the dev list *IS* the
right place for community discussions (code of conduct, license,
github move) as this is "where everyone is at".

If this is not the place, then where is it?

--
cheers,
--renato