[llvm-dev] Cannot compile LLVM suite with clang+lld

A. Ilchinger via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Mon May 7 09:08:53 PDT 2018

Thank you for your reply. After I added those options nothing changed
at first, then I added LLVM's libunwind to the source tree
(runtimes/libunwind) and it got much better.
However, I get the same errors at the end of the build process. Do I
need LLVM's libunwind already installed? I was hoping I could bootstrap
the whole toolchain directly.

Maybe this warning is also interesting?
[9/10] Linking CXX shared
library /tmp/makepkg/llvm/src/llvm-6.0.0.src/build/lib/libunwind.so.1.0
clang-6.0: warning: argument unused during compilation:
'-rtlib=compiler-rt' [-Wunused-command-line-argument]

This argument was added by -DLIBUNWIND_USE_COMPILER_RT=ON which you
explained, it's strange that it is unused.

The final error again is libcxxabi:
[2715/2724] Linking CXX shared library lib/libc++abi.so.1.0
FAILED: lib/libc++abi.so.1.0