[llvm-dev] Slow IR compilation/JIT, profiling points to LLVM?

edA-qa mort-ora-y via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sun May 6 01:55:49 PDT 2018

On 06/05/18 00:21, Andres Freund wrote:
> That's what I do (using Orc to JIT parts of SQL queries). By default I
> have the debug build of postgres linked against debug LLVM w/
> assertions, and the optimized build against an optimized LLVM wo/
> assertions (albeit with symbols).
I've tried a builld with assertions off and it has only a relatively
minor impact (a 10% drop in time spent in LLVM). The instruction cound
for `findAnalysisPass` is gone, but the things like `AddInteger` are
still called millions of times.

Given the number of IR instructions (at most 65K since a 65K IR file),
the millions of calls to the Add, and FindBucket functions seems wrong.

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
	http://mortoray.com/

Creator of the Leaf language
	http://leaflang.org/

Streaming algorithms, AI, and design on Twitch
	https://www.twitch.tv/mortoray

Twitter
	edaqa