[llvm-dev] Slow IR compilation/JIT, profiling points to LLVM?

edA-qa mort-ora-y via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Sat May 5 15:19:42 PDT 2018

On 05/05/18 17:58, Andres Freund wrote:
> You're building LLVM with assertions enabled
> (-DLLVM_ENABLE_ASSERTIONS=ON).
> Some of those are fairly expensive...

Is there another way to get LLVM to check the correctness of my IR
without the assertions? That's what I'm assuming I need the flag for
(it's been a long time since I experimented with it)

If there is no way I guess I'll have to produce two versions of LLVM.  I
still commonly get type errors in my LLVM IR.

--
edA-qa mort-ora-y
	http://mortoray.com/

Creator of the Leaf language
	http://leaflang.org/

Streaming algorithms, AI, and design on Twitch
	https://www.twitch.tv/mortoray

Twitter
	edaqa