[llvm-dev] I am leaving llvm

Chris Lattner via llvm-dev llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org
Wed May 2 13:38:43 PDT 2018

On May 2, 2018, at 12:40 PM, Gleb Popov via llvm-dev <llvm-dev at lists.llvm.org> wrote:
> Somewhat recently a code of conduct was adopted. It says that the
> community tries to welcome people of all "political belief". Except
> those whose political belief mean that they don't agree with the code
> of conduct. Since agreement is required to take part in the
> conferences, I am no longer able to attend.
>
> I feel exactly the same way about the CoC. The whole CoC idea is just a bullshit that brings discord in open source projects.
>
> I haven't seen a project that adopted a CoC and had no members leaved after that.

This list is for technical compiler and tools discussions, lets not turn a thread about Rafael’s personal decision into a rant about CoC’s which we have been through before.

If you’d like to have a productive discussion about CoC topics, then please start a new thread and use a *respectful and productive* tone.

Thanks,

-Chris